In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag [ten] friends, including me, so I’ll see your list.
1. A Separate Peace - John Knowles 2. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen 3. Peter and Wendy - JM Barrie 4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chboksy 5. Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging (and so on) - Louise Rennison 6. The Devil’s Arithmetic - Jane Yolen 7. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone - JK Rowling 8. Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad 9. Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman 10. Timequake - Kurt Vonnegut
[I haven’t been on in a minute, so I’m not sure who’s done this so if I tag you and you’ve already done it you can do another list or not]
HOGWARTS/PLACES: 1. Hogwarts: Where's your favorite place in the world?
2. Sorting Hat: What Hogwarts House would you place yourself in?
3. Gryffindor: Talk about a situation where you had to be brave.
4. Ravenclaw: What's something you're good at?
5. Hufflepuff: Talk about someone that you are loyal to.
6. Slytherin: Talk about your greatest ambition.
7. Diagon Alley: What is something you've always wanted to buy?
8. Ministry of Magic: What would be your dream job?
9(3/4). Platform 9 and 3/4: What's something that's always seemed impossible to you?
10. Hogsmeade: What's the best school trip you've ever been on?
PEOPLE/CREATURES: 11. Harry Potter: Talk about a challenge you've overcome.
12. Ronald Weasley: Talk about a friend you once/still have.
13. Hermione: What's your favorite book?
14. Luna Lovegood: Do you believe in any superstitions?
15. Neville Longbottom: Talk about a fear you've overcome.
16. Ginny Weasley: Talk about someone you've admired.
17. Draco Malfoy: What's something you regret?
18. Fred and George: Talk about a time you pranked someone/were pranked by someone
19. Dobby: What's a cause you're loyal to?
20. Hedwig: Would you bring an animal to Hogwarts? If so, which one?
CLASSES/SPELLS: 21. Astronomy: What's your favorite object in the night sky?
22. Potions: Talk about someone you initially mistrusted but proved to be cool.
23. Quidditch: What's a hobby you enjoy?
24. Transfiguration: If you could be an animagus, what form would you take?
25. Defense Against the Dark Arts: What would you guess your patronus is? Why?
26. Divination: Talk about a dream you've had within the past week.
27. Muggle Studies: Name one muggle item you'd take to Hogwarts.
28. Care of Magical Creatures: Unicorns, Dragons, or Hippogriffs?
29. History of Magic: What's your opinion of Merlin?
30. Herbology: If you could grow any plant, real or not, what would it be?
31. Nimbus 2000: What's something you've always wanted?
32. Wingardium Leviosa: What's something you had initial difficulties with?
33. Boggart: What's your greatest fear?
34. Invisibility Cloak: What's something you've wanted to hide from?
35. Polyjuice Potion: What's something you wished you could change about your appearance?
36. Amortentia: What would your amortentia smell like?
37. Marauder's Map: If you could have a secret passage in your house, where would you want it to lead to?
38. Time Turner: If you could go anywhere in Time, where would you go?
39. Mirror of Erised: What do you think you'd see in the Mirror of Erised?
40. Deathly Hallows: If you had the choice, would you pick, the wand, the stone, or the cloak?
MISC: 41. Bertie Bott's: What's your favorite candy?
42. Parseltongue: What language would you love to speak?
43. Ollivander: Describe your wand.
44. Ghosts: Who's your favorite ghost/poltergeist in the series?
45. Miranda Goshawk: If you could invent a spell, what would it do?
46. Goblet of Fire: If you had the chance, would you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?
47. Room of Requirement: What sort of Room would you want to see in the Room of Requirement?
48. Gilderoy Lockhart: If you could live the life of a book character, who would you pick?
49. Fidelius Charm: Who would you pick as your secret keeper?
50. Pensieve: What memory would you love to relive?
❝ When I was 12 boys slid their hand up my thigh and slapped my butt. I smiled and took it because I didn’t know it was okay to say stop. I didn’t know that I could say no. So, when the principal calls telling me my daughter is suspended for punching a boy who wouldn’t stop touching her, I will cook her favorite meals. When she tells me how she cursed at the boy who wouldn’t move his hands off her knee even though she asked him to, I will smile and pull out her favorite movie to watch together. I will celebrate the fact that she accepts her body as her own and knows she has the right to say no. I never want my daughter to think her body belongs to men, because it is her own and my god should she be proud. I will teach her it’s more than okay to say stop, something I wish I had known when I was that age. ❞